The tropical island of Sri Lanka with its lush rain-forests and mountains to turquoise seas lies just south of the tip of India. Tea has been grown for more than 150 years. Ceylon tea has a world renowned reputation and it’s a brand in itself. The terroir of the rich mountains and rain-forests give Ceylon tea it’s distinctive and recognised flavours. The unique seasonal monsoon winds and rains give the teas grown on the island a unique aroma and strength. This is sought after flavour profile is sought after by world markets.
The region of Sri Lanka Lanka unequalled
Sri Lanka has a reputation for fine teas for these reasons:
- differentive. Tea is grown on the mountains, the slopes and the low lands. The seasonal trade winds, hot summers and the dry season means that the teas peak at certain times of the year.
Teas grown in these Lanka areto indicate t.
- 2. Teas from the mountains and hills of Sri Lanka are harvested by hand. The tea pickers will carefully pluck only the buds and leaves that are at its best. Rather than harvesting by machine which is done indiscriminately.
- 3. World renowned reputation of growing, harvesting and processing the finest black teas.
- 4. Tea has antioxidants properties, with a large proportion of catechins which is naturally occurring antioxidants in tea.
- Tea has less caffeine than coffee, less calories and what we use Ceylon tea for most; blending. It’s such a fantastic tea for highlight and to support herbs, spices, flowers and fruits.