Lemons are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin B6, as well as potassium, and magnesium.
- Immunity Booster – Vitamins and minerals help to strengthen your immune system and protecting you from allergies and infections. As you know tea leaves also contain flavonoids and antioxidants that help in making your immune system stronger.
2. Skin Health – A superfood for your skin – lemons are also rich in astringent properties. The anti-inflammatory properties of this citrus fruit also make the drink a good option to include in your diet. Lemon tea helps to control skin ailments such as pimples, acne, and eczema and improves your overall skin health.
3. Regulating Weight – Sip on lemon tea as it helps in detoxing the body and aids in digestion. It also has several anti-inflammatory properties that keep the body fit.
4. Reduces Stress – The goodness of flavonoids, potassium, magnesium, zinc, copper, and antioxidants that help to boost brain health. A cup of lemon tea can help elevate your mood, reducing stress and relaxed.
5. Combats Acidity – One of the most common digestive ailments is acidity and lemon tea is very effective in controlling its symptoms. It also contains fibres that enhance gut health and regulates metabolism.
How to Make Lemon Tea
1. Brew your usual cup of black (or even green) tea. Steep and strain
2. Squeeze half a lemon in that cup of tea and add the peel as well.
3. To sweeten, add honey or jaggery and a pinch of black tea and ginger powder.
4. Stir and drink.